Healthy companies grow, how can you kick start yours in 2016? Hears some hacks from Val Wright, writing for Inc.
January may well be the month of good intentions for leaders everywhere. Whether it is going to the gym more, improving your sleep or perhaps a far fetch goal you have repeatedly stated on December 31 that has always dissipated by the end of January.
Instead of following a similar futile pattern for your focus in 2016, make this the year you are going to be more intentional about where you spend your time, your energy and your resources. Follow these 12 habits that successful leaders adopt to create explosive growth in their business:
1. Spend one third on the future. Spend 30 percent of your time on how your business will be in 1-2 years.
2. Pretend you are going on a sabbatical. Delegate away all of your responsibilities as though you were taking a three-month sabbatical. Now focus only on strategic long-term projects.
3. Tell your team the truth. Be honest with your direct team about their future potential and how you can develop them.
4. Stop delaying changing out your team. Move on mis-matched employees within the next 90 days.
5. Intentionally manage upwards. Consciously manage your reputation with your board and your investors.
6. Understand your peer power. Create a deliberate influence plan with peers.
7. Throw away your to do list. Never use a to do list, schedule every task in your calendar.
8. Make 15 minutes your new normal. Refuse 60-minute meetings, book 15, 30, or 45-minute meetings instead.
9. Understand the power of no. Say no more than you say yes and don’t over analyze or worry about it.
10. Prioritize energy boosting friends. Become selfish about who you socialize with.